12 August 2008

The Best Philosophical Proverbs


In my recent proverbs hunt over the net, I came across some beautiful philosophical proverbs. I would like to share'em with you in my blog. Some proverbs are very small, but not there meanings!

The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him? (Chuang Tzu )

If man has the ability to make others believe whatever he wishes, then he would say, he is God! Just because he doesn't have that power, he says that there is God! - Jose (author of this blog)

There are some remedies worse than the disease. (Publilius Syrus)

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. (Henry David Thoreau)

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole. - Author Unknown


It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. (James Thurber)

It is easy to stand a pain, but difficult to stand an itch. (Chang Ch'ao)

We waste a lot of time running after people we could have caught by just standing still. (Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960 )

If I am not pleased with myself, but should wish to be other than I am, why should I think highly of the influences which have made me what I am? (John Lancaster Spalding)

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. (Jimmy Dean)

· A man is not as big as his belief in himself; he is as big as the number of persons who believe in him. (Woodrow Wilson)

So, which one did ya like….? I guess all the eleven

bY Jose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If man has the ability to make others believe whatever he wishes, then he would say, he is God! Just because he doesn't have that power, he says that there is God!



So that provs that i am GOD

Subhra

Jose said...

Verrrryyyyy Funny :) :) :)

yoU

yoU
you are far better than what you think you are!